Sunday, August 10, 2008

Setting things in Motion........

Time ……. Any time of the Solar Day or night
Place……...Not really far from my room
Activity…...Quite Involuntary

But what I end up with is a weekend without friends or fun,
Me and my bed…..
Loads of loneliness
And yes the familiar sense of having done something but accomplished nothing.
Lost a lot of life and vitality and gained more unrest.

A couple of days back I went on an expedition of sorts, with three like minded wizened souls our primary aim being the exploration of the subtleties of one of the lesser known places around the valley. There we encountered silly smiling creatures who tricked us into eating stuff with weird names and weirder tastes.


And then all hell broke loose. The wrath of not showing due respect to the Almighty’s (Read as Mess Staff at Fr. Enright) gifts and pondering beyond our realms hit me where it hurts the most. I endured the pain because I felt god can’t be so unmerciful but little did I know that there is god and there are others. So there was no mercy without the pain. And after two days of the penance I still lie at his mercy because he alone knows when I will be absolved.

In the bargain I get to spend my time thinking and pondering the uncertainties of life.
I look forward to all that I miss and more to what I didn’t want to miss. And I know that there is someone up above who metes justice to all. With miles to walk (to and fro) before I sleep and nothing but the next visit to the heaven giving me the power to carry on I promise to myself all that I never did. Like studying once in a while (never define a strict timeline), trying to keep myself away from all the pleasures of the skin like ----- loads of movie watching and eons of sleeping.

But come morning I wake up fresh as a fiddle and then I reach for the laptop to……
To drop a thank you mail to Anjali for the medicine she gave me last night and to thank god for science by watching “The Matrix”. After all “God helps those who help themselves”.

No comments: